I suffered the loneliness and health problems that soar from being overweight until I learned about Acupressure mat usage for weight loss. But how did acupressure weight help me with weight loss? Well, walk with me through the Article to learn how to use an acupressure mat to lose weight.
What is an Acupressure Mat?
An acupressure mat is a special mat for weight loss. Its modifications make it different from standard mats and aid in stimulating pressure points in weight loss.
You’ll love how its hundreds of plastic points apply pressure on your acupressure points in the back.
Husky Liners Vs 3D Maxpider Floor Mats
Some acupressure points include:
- Lung meridian
- Inner gate point
- Hand valley point
- Outer gate point
- The base of the thumb point
- Small intestines
Acupressure involves applying pressure on the acupoints as a form of massage therapy.
You can also get an acupressure pillow to help with your neck, head, hands, and feet pain.
So, this mat points help alleviate back pain and headaches, aiding in weight loss!
But you should not use acupressure massage if you’re among the following groups of people:
- Having a heart condition
- Having an open wound
- Having a skin infection
- Under blood pressure medication
How Can an Acupressure Mat Help You Lose weight?
To understand and appreciate an acupressure mat’s role in weight loss, it’s first better to know how you gain excess weight.
Stress is a major cause of overweight conditions. Once stress kicks in, your body generates a stress hormone called cortisol.
Have you ever heard of fight or flee reactions? Well, humans tend to fight or flee life-threatening situations to survive.
Cortisol is imperative to our survival because of the threats we often face. But consistent stress elevates cortisol levels, wreaking havoc throughout your body.
As a result, we become vulnerable to anxiety and depression, heart disease, insomnia, and weight gain.
You, therefore, need acupressure to eliminate health problems that are likely to emanate from stress.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) considers acupressure necessary for alleviating and rebalancing the body’s chi, or energy flow, by stimulating pressure points.
Once you’ve reduced stress, you cut down cortisol levels. And less cortisol means fewer roadblocks to healthy, sustainable weight loss.
The flexibility of time and space is essential in weight loss, and acupressure mats offer that. You are welcome to tap into the benefits of an acupressure mat at your convenient time and place.
With raised plastic pins, mats gently stimulate acupoints from your head to toe, signaling the brain to relax, rebalance, and realign.
Can You Put Car Mats In A Washing Machine Or Dryer For A 5-Min Quick Wash?
What are the Benefits of Using an Acupressure Mat?
Acupressure mats have a variety of benefits that help promote health and weight loss. Below are some of the most promising perks:
- Pain Reduction
When you’re overweight, chronic pain becomes an everyday problem. Flexibility and body comfort is rare no more.
You experience painful inflammation because of the added pressure on joints by the extra pounds. The resultant discomfort denies you a chance to work out.
As a result, you gain more weight as time goes by. Obesity beckons closely, but you don’t want to get there. Do you? Of course not!
That’s where acupressure mats come in. The mats help alleviate neck aches, back and shoulder pain by ramping up your body’s healing ability.
- Better Sleep
According to the Sleep Foundation Organization, poor sleep results from obesity and elevated cortisol levels.
Also, the BMJ publishing group reveals that people who sleep less than 7 hours are at a heightened risk of developing obesity.
I used to sleep for less than 6 hours because I couldn’t sleep well when I was overweight. My body mass kept increasing!
When I began using an acupressure mat, I completely kicked out insomnia and started sleeping usually.
The mat help relieve your mind, ease anxiety, and channel energy by stimulating pressure points associated with insomnia.
You start experiencing more profound, restful, and restorative sleep with channeled energy and reduced insomnia.
- Improved Digestion
Digestive processes depend on points located throughout the body. The effectiveness of these points depends on your body’s fitness.
Being overweight deprives you of this vital quality. Sadly, it happened to me before adopting acupressure therapy.
But you don’t need to worry because an acupressure mat has a solution to unhealthy digestion.
By lying on an acupressure mat, you holistically address areas linked to your stomach and intestines.
Consequently, you gain healthy digestion and reduce bloat.
- Increased Energy
Working out isn’t an easy task with all the pressure obesity puts on you. You’re also unable to focus energy when you’re overweight.
I also struggled to channel my energy and concentrate due to being overweight. Pressure build-up also hindered me from concentrating.
An acupressure mat helped me get rid of these challenges for once.
You can gain that boost, too, by using an acupressure mat if you’re having a hard time finding the mental or physical energy to work out.
Athletes use this mat to grow stamina, overcome fatigue, and recover quicker.
You, too, can tap into these benefits and stir up your workout results!
Nice looks are everyone’s wish! Using an acupressure mat allows you to smoothen your skin to look adorable!
By massaging the skin and underlying tissues, the mat’s spikes help to increase elasticity and dissipate fluid retention.
As a result, there’s less dimpling and a smoother overall appearance.
Weathertech Vs OEM All-Weather Floor Mats
Tested and proven benefits of acupressure mats.
Using acupressure mats helped me gain relief from the following problems:
- Neck pain
- Sciatica pain in the leg and back
- Stiffness in back muscles
- Stress and tension
Acupressure Mats Top 5 Positions for Weight Loss
After learning about the benefits you’ll get from the mat discussed here, it’s time to understand how to maximize it in weight loss.
Utilizing a diverse set of positions helps address the head-to-toe systems that balance your body’s energy and metabolism.
Here is a list of the top 5 best positions to consider when using an acupressure mat for weight loss:
- Flat in the back: Just lie flat on your back and relax to let the needles work their magic and alleviate tension. Ideally, this position is best done without a shirt on and requires your back to be as loose and relaxed as possible.
- Flat on the stomach: Lie down with your chest and stomach on the mat to activate your digestive organs. Cross your arms beneath your head to form a “pillow.”
- “Up dog”: You’re probably familiar with the “up dog” position if you practice yoga. Relax your lower stomach and thighs on the mat, then press your hands on the floor to lift your upper body.
- Seated forward fold: Outstretch your legs while sitting on the mat. Folding with a flat back, reach to grab your calves or ankles.
- Standing position: Sit on a chair while placing your feet firmly on the mat. If it feels comfortable, stand on the mat for a more profound sensation.
Best Practices to consider when Using Acupressure Mats
Whether you’re a first-time or experienced user of acupressure mats, understanding their best practices is imperative to maximizing results and experience.
You’ll love to observe each of the following practices to make your experience sensational and worthwhile:
- Avoid touching the mat with bare skin initially: Lying on the acupressure mats with bare skin can feel uncomfortable, especially for beginners, because their spikes can be sharp. Try to avoid touching the mat as you lie down because it might also feel prickly to the touch. But you’ll get used to the spikes with time as you keep using the mat.
- Breathe slowly as you lie down: As you take slow, deep breaths while on the mat, you accelerate its effects. You gain general relaxation and an improved blood flow locally to restricted areas, easing tension and pain.
- Start slowly, at first: Start using your mat for a few minutes at a time, and work your way up as you feel more comfortable.
- Don’t use it for too long: While some mats are marketed as bed accessories, they’re not safe to lie on for over 30 minutes. Since their spikes make impressions on the skin, lying on it for more than 30 minutes might cause bruises on your skin’s surface.
The Bottom Line
Dealing with excess weight can be daunting, especially without a proper plan to reduce hindrances to effective workouts.
An acupressure mat allows you to channel your energy and alleviate tension to accelerate weight loss.
Cutting down body mass is critical to preventing chronic pain and heart illnesses.